The 2020 election is a turning point for the country and for my generation. This campaign is about the fight for our future. It is about delivering affordable homes, fixing health, and providing the kinds of high quality public services areas like Meath East should take for granted.
Key priorities for Meath East:
- Labour will build 80,000 energy efficient homes on public land, investing €16 billion into social and affordable housing.
- Labour will ensure timely healthcare is not only provided to those who can afford it by providing more hospital beds, funding for home help and respite care, and expanding free GP care.
- Labour will guarantee better working conditions, job security and give everyone a right to flexible work.
- Labour will develop a public childcare scheme, make primary education truly free of charge, and will strengthen online safeguards for children.
- Labour will cut emissions and build a low carbon economy, invest in public transport and cycling infrastructure, along with an insulation programme for 100,000 homes a year, creating local jobs, lower energy bills and warmer homes.
Senator Annie HoeyThe Labour PartySpokesperson on Higher Education, Innovation and Research